Our benefits are designed to support the overall well-being of our employees. Whether you’re just starting your career or already have an impressive professional or academic resume, we want this to be a place where you can grow and thrive.
As a new member of the USask’s faculty and staff, you will be enrolled in the benefits plan that is specific to your employee group. This will give you access to a range of benefits and programs for you as well as your dependents.
Enrol in your benefits and pension within 90 days from your start date
You will also "What's the plan?" summary brochure as well as a Sun Life “my money” brochure at the benefits session. The "my money" brochure provides a quick guide to your pension funds and investment. It helps you understand your investment risk profile, set your retirement saving goal, and make your investment choices.
If you have not registered for one of the benefit sessions within 30 days, you will be mailed an enrolment package to your home. It is important that you complete your benefit enrolment forms, and submit to ConnectionPoint, within 90 days of your first day of work to avoid any delays in pay and benefit access. This allows the plan administrator to appropriately enrol you in your pension plan, allocate your pension contributions to appropriate investment based on your choices, and keep record of your designated beneficiaries.
Complete and return the following forms to ConnectionPoint at their easy drop-off location in the Arts building, Room 258:
- Basic Life Insurance Enrolment Form (required)
- Employee Optional Life and Optional AD&D Insurance Application (if you are eligible it is required even if you are not planning on enrolling in the plan)
- Spouse Optional Life and Optional AD&D Insurance Application (required only if you are planning on enrolling in it and does require both employee and spouse signatures)
- Pension Plan Enrolment Form (if eligible)
- Flexible Spending Allocation Form (if you are eligible, you must allocate your funds between the accounts or designate the full amount to one account)
A health statement is not required at time of application for Optional Employee Life Insurance within 90 days of hire. If you are eligible you can apply for Optional AD&D at any time and do not have to submit any medical evidence as this coverage is for ‘accidental’ cases only. If your spouse purchases Optional Employee Life Insurance over $50,000 they will need to complete a health statement. (If under $50,000 a health statement is not required).
If you have any questions or have not received your benefits enrolment package, please contact ConnectionPoint.
Set up Sun Life member account
Set up your access to the Sun Life Member website
Sun Life Financial is our benefits plan provider. Register for your online SunLife member account so you can access online services such as:
- reviewing your coverage
- making benefit claims
- adding/updating dependents
- investment performance info
- wellness resources
- drug look up - information tailored to your plan about drug alternatives, coverage, etc.
- and more
You will need:
- Policy Number: 150798
- Member ID: same as your employee ID (can be found on your pay statements in PAWS) or by contacting ConnectionPoint.
Once you have completed your benefits enrollment package and have your Employee ID, a unique number just for you, with access to the University online services, you will want to:
PAWS is a customizable web environment at the U of S and offers Personalized Access to Web Services for students, faculty, staff, alumni and other members of the University community. PAWS is personalized to you and customizable—when you log in you will find information and services specific to your role at the University.
You are given role-based access to a range of services via PAWS such as your pay statements, benefits, time reporting, pension information, ConnectionPoint (including knowledge base articles which provide information on processes from pay to benefits and much more), total rewards statements, financial systems, room bookings and more.
View your Total Rewards statement
Your online Total Rewards statement is available through your PAWS account and will provide you with:
- up-to-date, personalized, total rewards information in one convenient place
- pay, benefit and pension information that is easy to understand
- information on many of the added services and benefits available to you as a U of S employee
This personalized online statement is available in your PAWS account under My Total Rewards.
Please note this statement will be available to you the month after your start date.
If you have any questions or have not received your benefits enrolment package please contact ConnectionPoint, your contact for any benefits and pay related questions.
Types of questions Connection Point can assist with:
- What date does my coverage begin?
- What type of benefit coverage am I eligibile for?
- How do I submit a claim?
Come See Us
Arts Building, Room 258
Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Sun Life Customer Call Centre
Sun Life has a Customer Call Centre that provides information directly related to your benefits, claims submitted and status of your claim. Other questions or scenarios that Sun Life can assist with are:
- How do I update or change my dependents?
- My child is attending University. How do keep them on my plan as an overage dependent?
- What is the status of my claim?
- What is my maximum for a specific service? How do I know if I have reached my benefit maximum?
- What am I or my dependents covered for under a certain plan?
- I am locked out of MySunLife account. How do I reset my password?
- Why was my claim denied?
1-800-361-6212 during the work week from 8am to 8 pm EST.
Or connect online through your MySunLife account. Visit www.mysunlife.ca and enter your access ID and password.