Benefit Plan Summaries
This plan is available to eligible 'In Scope' Permanent and Limited Term Faculty.
Non-unionized employees refers to employees who are not in-scope of a bargaining unit. This group does not include employees who are exempt from membership in a bargaining unit by virtue of their job duties (covered under the Exempt Handbook), or senior administrators (deans, associate deans, associate vice-presidents, etc.).
Staff of participating affiliated employers will also follow these plans.
Research Professional Staff
This plan is available for eligible employees.
Coverage and Eligibility
Learn more about:
- Eligibility and effective date of coverage for you and your dependents.
- Termination of Coverage
- Converting your benefits to an individual plan
- Proof of Coverage for Health and Dental Benefits
Major life events
Major life events may affect your benefits including the need to update your dependent and/or beneficiary information.
View claim procedures including coordination of benefits and submission deadlines.
Ask for Help
If you have questions or are having trouble figuring out your benefits there are people to help you through the process! Please review the types of questions that either Sun Life Financial or Connection Point can assist you with.
Sun Life Customer Call Centre
Sun Life has a Customer Call Centre that provides information directly related to your benefits, claims submitted and status of your claim. Other questions or scenarios that Sun Life can assist with are:
- How do I update or change my dependents?
- My child is attending University. How do keep them on my plan as an overage dependent?
- What is the status of my claim?
- What is my maximum for a specific service? How do I know if I have reached my benefit maximum?
- What am I or my dependents covered for under a certain plan?
- I am locked out of MySunLife account. How do I reset my password?
- Why was my claim denied?
1-800-361-6212 during the work week from 8am to 8 pm EST.
Or connect online through your MySunLife account. Visit www.mysunlife.ca and enter your access ID and password.
Types of questions Connection Point can assist with:
- What date does my coverage begin?
- What type of benefit coverage am I eligibile for?
- How do I submit a claim?
Come See Us
Arts Building, Room 258
Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm