Sun Life Financial is our benefits plan provider and where your claims for health, dental and the flexible spending program will be submitted to. There are a variety of ways to submit an expense: online, through the mobile app, or via mail on a paper claim form. Also some medical offices, such as dentists, are able to direct bill Sun Life so no payment is needed at the time of service.
Claims must be submitted and received by Sun Life within 90 days of the end of the calendar year in which you incurred the expense. This means claims incurred in one calendar year must be submitted by March 31 in the following year.
For example, claims incurred in 2017, must be received by Sun Life by March 31 in 2018. If the year is a leap year, claims must be received by Sun Life by March 30.
Claims incurred prior to the termination of employment must be submitted and received by Sun Life within 90 days of the date of termination.
Failure to submit claims following these guidelines will result in declined reimbursement.
If you choose to submit a paper claim to Sun Life or need to supply one to them for additional information the forms are available below.
Sun Life Customer Call Centre
Sun Life has a Customer Call Centre that provides information directly related to your benefits, claims submitted and status of your claim. Other questions or scenarios that Sun Life can assist with are:
- How do I update or change my dependents?
- My child is attending University. How do keep them on my plan as an overage dependent?
- What is the status of my claim?
- What is my maximum for a specific service? How do I know if I have reached my benefit maximum?
- What am I or my dependents covered for under a certain plan.
- I am locked out of MySunLife account. How do I reset my password?
- Why was my claim denied?
Contact Sun Life at 1-800-361-6212 during the work week from 8am to 8 pm EST.
Or connect online through your MySunLife account. Visit www.mysunlife.ca and enter your access ID and password.
Types of questions Connection Point can assist with:
- What date does my coverage begin?
- What type of benefit coverage do I have?
- Where do I find benefit information in PAWS?
- How do I update my home address?
- How do I submit a claim?
Come See Us
Arts Building, Room 258
Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm