Open Pension Plans
Closed Pension Plans
Retirement information in PAWS
There is a retirement channel in PAWS that is full of valuable information for faculty and staff who are considering retiring in the next 2-3 years, including:
- when to give notice of retirement
- pension and retirement income decisions
- benefit options after retirment
- retirement checklist
- post-retirment benefits
- and more
The Pension Office identifies and establishes operating guidelines of the pension plans and provides support to the various pension committees. It acts as a liaison and resource between the investment consultant, investment managers, actuary, custodian, service provider and pension committees.
The administration of pension benefits includes:
- receiving and remitting member contributions to the custodian/service provider
- maintaining member data
- calculating and processing pension benefits
- marital breakdown calculations
- producing pension statements
- responding to member requests for pension plan information
- providing communication for the plans
- preparing financial statements
- preparing various reports for the pension regulators
Room E140 Administration Building
University of Saskatchewan
105 Administration Place
Saskatoon, SK S7N 5A2
Sun Life Customer Call Centre
Sun Life has a Customer Call Centre that provides information directly related to your benefits, claims submitted and status of your claim. Other questions or scenarios that Sun Life can assist with are:
- How do I update or change my dependents?
- My child is attending University. How do keep them on my plan as an overage dependent?
- What is the status of my claim?
- What is my maximum for a specific service? How do I know if I have reached my benefit maximum?
- What am I or my dependents covered for under a certain plan?
- I am locked out of MySunLife account. How do I reset my password?
- Why was my claim denied?
1-800-361-6212 during the work week from 8am to 8 pm EST.
Or connect online through your MySunLife account. Visit www.mysunlife.ca and enter your access ID and password.