Family Support Services
Receive support for what matters most.
Our Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) offers a personalized approach to helping you and your family. Through a telephonic consultation with one of our advisors or a targeted resource package, you get the answers, information and resources you need to help cope with the day-to-day or longer-term challenges associated with caregiving responsibilities.
Find the best local solutions for your family
Our advisors will assess, identify and locate caregiving services—including provider options, location and current availability —to suit your needs.
Caregiving services we can help you find include:
- Parenting classes
- Childcare centres and after-school programs
- Schools, educational services, and special needs programs
- Adoption and multiple birth services
- Emergency home care services
- Seniors’ accommodations/nursing homes
- Caregiver support groups
- Rehabilitation and home support programs Companion and elder care programs
- Palliative care
- Outreach and transportation services
Referred services are not included in the program and any associated fees are your responsibility.
Support is also available to you through targeted resource packages complete with articles and helpful tools focused on these topics:
- Planning a family
- Maternity/paternity leaves
- Parenting effectively at all ages and stages
- Building strong blended families
- Talking to older parents about their changing needs
- Understanding palliative care
- Support for older relatives with cognitive impairment
- Other family-related topics
Access confidential support online, 24/7
- Download the app or go to login.lifeworks.com
- Email or Username or Company Name: USask or your USask email