Start your fitness journey one step at a time
This program, designed and led by USask Rec, will introduce you to stretching, cardio, and weights by certified personal trainers or students in training. Over the weeks, you will learn about:
- cardio and strength machines
- safe and effective stretching
- how to begin incorporating exercise into your daily life in a safe way
You will be provided with a beginner strength and conditioning program, with 1-hour sessions each week over 6 weeks. The goal is to:
- introduce you to exercise in a safe and small group
- reduce fear or uncertainty on going to the gym and using equipment
- enable you to make healthy lifestyle changes in your life
This program is designed for those that do not currently exercise but are wanting to learn about fitness and are committed to changing their lifestyle to become more physically active.
If this is you, please sign up today.
- By applying you are confirming you can attend the workout sessions on Thursdays from 3:30-4:30 pm, from Feb. 13 – March 19, 2020.
- As a participant in this no-cost program, you are expected to attend all the sessions (if possible).
- There will be some deliverables asked of you such as: filling out a weekly progress summary and agree to be involved in promotion of the class which may include: video, social media, publishing of weekly summary (edited form) photographs, and other means that the university sees fit in consultation with you and/or the group. You will need to sign and return a photo-release form if accepted.