Despite living in a world with instant electronic access to friends, family and all manner of online social networks, the rates of reported loneliness and social isolation have been steadily increasing.
Loneliness and social isolation substantially impact not only psychological well-being but physical health as well. Loneliness is now considered a health risk factor on par with cigarette smoking. This training will address the possible reasons for loneliness and identify actions participants can take to increase their emotional connection with others and decrease the risk of social isolation.
- Understand the psychological and physical impact of loneliness and social isolation
- Describe potential causes for loneliness
- Identify the fundamentals of satisfying personal relationships
- Describe ways to enhance emotional connection with others
- Describe strategies to reduce social isolation
- 03:00 PM - 04:00 PM CST